BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 18, 2010

Would MLK Like The World We Live in Today?


Today has had me thinking about so much. Martin Luther King Jr. Wanted so badly to have equal rights. Not only between blacks and whites and other races, but EVERYONE! No matter what race, gender, sexual orientation etc.! But has his dream been fulfilled? I mean yes, we have come a long way since his time, BUT how far have we come exactly in accordance to his dream? We are still fighting today on equal rights as if it's that big of a problem. I don't see why it is such a big deal to have everyone be equal as it states we should be in U.S Constitution. I know some may think I'm going to dabble in gay rights issues right now, but I'm not. This is about racism. And not from white people, but from black people.

I wanted to go to the MLK Parade today, but because I know what happened last year and years before then here in AZ, I stayed home. Of course, I had a couple friends tell me what went on down there. and exactly as I predicted there was racism. One of my white friends went to the parade and was talked down to and told to leave by some of the younger people at the parade. They kept telling her and some of her friends that they weren't black that they couldn't be at the parade because it was "only for black people." That has got to be one of the most IGNORANT thing I have ever heard. You're at a parade for someone who wanted all races to be equal and you disgrace his words by speaking to someone like that? My friend eventually left after being badgered by more people. There were also so many fights going on at the parade that she couldn't really enjoy herself. It's sad how some of the young people basically don't know shit about what Martin Luther King Jr. Preached about and what his dream was, yet they act as if they do.

What would Martin Luther King say today if he were here? Would he like the world he sees? Would he be saddened by the way the young black community is acting? How would he feel about the LGBT's fight for equality? These are questions I would love to be answered, but obviously they never will be answered. I hope one day the world we live in will be just as Martin Luther King Jr. dreamed it would be. Can his dream ever really become reality? 

Hope I didn't dampen anyones MLK day. I just had this on my mind and wanted to get it out. Hope you all had a good day.

Later, Dolls!

0 comments:

Search This Blog