BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Let's Talk Cyber Bullying With Jessi Slaughter!




I just found this video online of  a "Good Morning America" episode on cyber bullying. They showed an 11 year old girl named Jessi Slaughter who was being cyber-bullied because of her "Controversial" videos on youtube. You see some clips from the video in the one i have posted above from "Good Morning America." I want to start off by saying that I haven't seen her original videos so i don't know how "Controversial" they actually are, but I doubt it constitute people threatening her life and things of that nature. There are also people saying things like she put her self in that situation because she shouldn't be talking like that and her parents should have taught her better. So what you're saying is that if someone doesn't act accordingly to what society wants them to they should have their life threatened or taken from them?? I understand she's 11, but you need to remember that too! You're sending death threats to an 11 year old girl and more than likely  most of the people doing it are like 18 and up. I'm not defending what she said on youtube, what I'm defending is an 11 year old girls life. People forget that you are not FORCED to watch a video on youtube. If you don't like what the person is saying all you have to do is hit the back button and get off of the video. Why post negative comments to bring someone down? Now you just look like an asshole. The Internet has become something for people to just spew hate from their mouths on social networking sites;it's such a shame.

On the parenting thing... Idk how her parents raised her and I'm not going to pretend I do, but people are saying that they didn't because she wouldn't talk the way she does. We ALL act however we want regardless as to how our parents raised us. some of us choose to do as they say and some of become individuals and do what we want. My parents didn't raise me to be gay, but I am so don't put all the blame on peoples parents and don't put the blame on celebrities either. and by what your saying with the whole it's her fault thing, you're parents must have not raised you either for speaking of an 11 year old girl in such a way. Mostly all of us accept and love a celebrity that is outspoken, but when it comes to normal people that aren't particularly famous, we attack them. Why? Maybe she shouldn't have been speaking in such a foul way, maybe she shouldn't have  been doing a lot of things that she may or may have not done, but she's a kid and will make mistakes just like all of us, and for you guys to be that much older than her and supposedly have a functioning brain, you should be ashamed of how you spoke about this kid. What if that was your child? Regardless if your kid spoke the same way as Jessi did, but if they were receiving death threats for being different from the norm? That's what I try to do in situations like this. Imagine if the person was your child, sister, mom, aunt, cousin, or anyone in general that you hold close to your heart and understand the situation from that point of view. If you wouldn't attack or talk badly about them in the same way you shouldn't speak to others that way. That's just my opinion.

We're all humans and we all make mistakes, but attacking each other for those mistakes is not a good look. One of the only things I like in the bible is that whole "Let thou without sin cast the first stone" quote. Unless you're perfect you can't attack someone with such ferocity and hate in your heart. I'm not perfect either, none of us are, but I'm on a rode to enlightenment, peace, love and tranquility and I just don't like seeing people be attacked in such a way. some people can't take being bullied because sometimes those people take their own lives because of it. when you push someone to that point I pretty much loose all respect for you. Anyway, I'm done with this post, I hope I got my point across. I'm about to go do some meditation before I slap a bitch. LOL Later, Dolls!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll admit I feel she's a brat who hasn't hit puberty and stuff but nonetheless taking it as far as death threats is way too much. And the fact was she was being so fake, obviously people were going to get at her. But her parents should have not fueled the flames and what not by going into tirades and what have you. The world is a cruel place as we all know and you have to have iron skin if you put yourself out there that way.

I appreciate your honesty on it though. We all tend to lose sight of things sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Don't slap a bitch!

Anonymous said...

I grow tired of stupid children with stupid parents. Cyber bulling is bullshyt to me. If you cant handle what goes on on the internet then you shouldn't be online period. This little dumb hoe online her parents shouldn't let her online. Children shouldn't be online anyways there children go read a book.

Search This Blog