BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Are You Gay?



Is it ever really an appropriate time to ask someone if they're gay or not? My best friend and I were watching this vid(Seen Below) on Youtube and the video was about "Is it OK to ask someone if they're gay?". In MY opinion, there are certain situations where i believe it's OK to do it. like if we're talking on a friendship level and i start getting the feeling that you like me... wait, but then i think the better question would be "Do You like me?" or could i still ask "are you gay?"? see, I'm starting to have second thoughts because at first i felt like there are only certain situations that you can ask that question, but now that I'm sitting here typing and actually trying to think about situation's, I feel differently. I can say that i never think it's OK for you to do it in a public setting with a bunch of people around. if you really want to know that badly take them somewhere in private and ask. If you have a feeling that the person is gay 9 times out of 10 they really are. And it's really none of your business if the person is gay or not. the only thing being gay means is that you like the same sex, so what someone else does in their personal life has nothing to do with you unless you're married to that person!

I know some homophobes will say that they don't wanna be friends with a gay person, but i honestly don't think these people know how stupid they sound when they say something like that. What sense does it make to end a friendship with someone just because they're gay? Let's say you guys have been friends for , i don't know, 2 years. The guy/girl at some point tells you that they're gay. what about them changes from those past 2 years to now? NOTHING! they are still the same person. All they did was let you in on a part of their personal life. you should feel happy that they're comfortable enough and trust you enough to tell you something like that. Being gay doesn't completely define a person, just like being straight doesn't completely define a person. when someone says to me "So tell me about yourself" i don't respond "I'm Gay!". What is that gonna tell someone beside that i date men? NOTHING. Being gay isn't who i am, it's a small piece of the puzzle that makes me who i am... did that make sense?

I think i just went on a rant because i don't think i actually got the point i was trying to make lol. maybe you guys can help. What do you guys think? Is it ever appropriate to as someone "are you gay?"? if so tell me what the situation would have to be. and if not, tell me why you think so.

Later, Dolls
And Happy Easter!!!!





This video pertains more to my post yesterday, but i couldn't find it so you can just watch it now. the video is 24 mins long, but you really should watch it. he speaks the truth through the whole thing. If you don't wanna sit and watch a video for that long, just keep it playing in the background and go do whatever else you want to do. i think EVERYONE should here this. i love his vids!

1 comments:

Aikimo said...

Haha... I love the confuse of this post.

But I don't think there is ever just an appropriate time to ask, because it always comes off as rude. When someone is ready to come out, let them do it in their own time :)

Search This Blog