BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 3, 2010

"I Do it Because I Want To!"



If you saw me walking down the street in a pair of these, what thought would run through your head? would you instantly get a bad taste in your mouth? would you say to me "why are you wearing those?"? would you scream some derogatory word at me just because you were uncomfortable?

What if i had a coordinating outfit and accessories along with it? would that take you over the edge to see a boy wearing feminine clothes? would it make you lash out like some wild animal to prove a point that really is small minded? would it make you think any less of me as a person because i have the courage to not lie to myself and conform to what society says is the correct way for a boy to dress?

Now let's throw in something else. what if i added a wig and/or a full face of make up to finish it all up? would you still get all emotional about and place your opinion somewhere that it was not asked to be placed? would you knock me down a peg by telling me why i shouldn't be wearing what I'm wearing because YOU think it's wrong in some way?

if so i have one question for you:

"Why are you so worried about it?"

i more than likely wont be wearing any heels or things like that, but there are plenty of people that do. and even more that are too scared to do it even though they really want to. They're scared of being teased and taunted every time they decide to go out with their heels on. they don't want to deal with the laughter and the rude comments that they'd have to endure. They can't be who they really want to be because too many small minded people run the streets. People that are afraid of what they don't understand. And in that fear, turn to violence.

a couple weeks ago, i was having lunch with my mom. That day i had decided to ear some gold eye shadow because it made my eyes look nicer, but you couldn't tell that i had anything on. it's no secret that i wear make up. i tell any one that asks. I'm usually just a foundation and mascara type of guy. you can never tell i have anything on, but you just know that i look AMAZING. this day i wanted to try something new and i wore the gold shadow. i guess the sun was hitting my face a bit too much and my mom could see the shadow because of that. she asked me "Why do you have on eye shadow?". right then and there i went from being jolly ol' Kenny to the self conscious person i used to be. i looked down, not giving any eye contact any more and said in a low voice "i don't know". she then said to me "what do you mean you don't know? you wore it because you wanted to right?". I was shocked! I thought she was going to grill me for wearing make up or something. she continued to say "if anyone ever asks you something like that just look them in the eye and say 'I do it because i want to!' and leave it at that. it's no one's business why you do it". i instantly got a big smile on my face from what she said. it's sooo true. It doesn't matter if i was completely dolled up with girl clothes or if i only had on heels. It's no ones business, but mine as to why I'm wearing what I'm wearing.

that's the whole point of this blog. don't be afraid to be who you are or who you want to be. you're never gonna get every one's approval. that's just life. no matter what you do there are gonna be people that despise you because you're not fitting into their box. People will ALWAYS judge, no matter how much they may say "God is the only one that can judge me". his judgement may be the only one that counts, but honey everyone judges someone else! The only thing you can do in life is be the best YOU that you can be. if you want to rock them heels, Bitch, rock 'em. if you want that wig so you can have some hair to twirl, Bitch, work that shit like Beyonce! if you want those jeans because they make your ass look good, Bitch, shake that apple bottom. there are so many gay men that want to extend their fashion from the plain boring and BLAND apparel that is known as Men's fashion, but don't because of what they think others will think of them. Just do you and keep it moving Honey. and if you come across an ignorant person asking you why you're doing whatever it is that you're doing, look them in the eye and tell 'em "I do it because i want to!".



The message behind this song is so deep and all around amazing. the stuff she says at the end of this video speaks for it's self. Erykah Badu... what more can is say?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it Ken Doll :)It's so true

Aikimo said...

I love your mom! lol

Search This Blog