BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Control" - Character Bio: Dereon&Omari


As promised, I'm posting the character bios of the first 2 main characters of my book "Control" which I am working hard on perfecting. The picture above I'm pretty sure some of you may recognize as an older pic of mine. I re-edited it to make it fit the way I want the cover of my book to look. It won't look exactly like this, but I have no camera to take a new pic so I'm using this as sort of a rough draft; You should get the basic image I'm going for. I will use this image for every blog post that's completely about the book. Ok so these first 2 characters are twins named Dereon and Omari. These 2 characters were formed by my perception of myself. Dereon has my personality just a lot more toned down, in the beginning of the story and Omari is me just way more blunt, rude and Obnoxious; I pretty much made him by thinking about the thuggish persona I have in some of my photos. I wanted the first couple chapters of my book to be about 1 main character each until all 7 or 8 were covered, but I thought putting the twins together would be a great idea. One of my close friends, Kimo, likes the 1st chapter very much and so do I. I didn't in the beginning, but after making a lot of alterations I'm in love. So here are their character bios:

Dereon Evans

Dereon is 23 years old, 5’11” and weighs about 160 lbs. He’s African American with a medium brown skin complexion and eyes that are a dark jade green color. His eyes change to a dark glowing blue color while he’s using his powers. He has lips that are in the middle of not too big and not too small, that even more complement his already soft facial features. He has a swimmers type body, but doesn’t flaunt it like his brother does; he’s a bit too shy for it. The body he has is perfectly suited for the American Eagle/Abercrombie and Fitch clothes he frequently wears. Dereon isn’t very active so it’s a wonder how his body stays as toned as it is. He’s more on the chill and laid back side as opposed to his brother whom can’t sit still to save his life. Being an all-around pretty much calm guy, Dereon doesn’t function on emotion too much, he functions more on logic; Thinking things through rather than acting on impulse.

Dereon is the type of person that accepts everyone for who they are. He doesn’t dislike any one group of people because of prejudice thinking; being gay, he knows the feeling of being discriminated against by people that know nearly nothing about you. However, he will dislike a certain person because of an action they’ve taken against him. Being so down to the earth and humble is really one of his greatest qualities; that and he is very smart. His worst quality is his so obvious weakness which is his fear of insects. Basically since he was a kid he’s been very much afraid of bugs and can’t seem to get over the phobia. He’s very good at controlling his abilities, but put a bug around him and all hell breaks loose and he loses that control, even with the smaller bugs.

Dereon has amazing telepathic and telekinetic abilities. Being a telepath grants him the power to read minds, project his thoughts into the minds of others, and mentally stun people, among other things. Having telekinetic abilities allows him to levitate and manipulate objects and others, including his self; allowing him to fly and generate force fields. He also has partial precognition abilities. This ability is uncontrollable and come to him as visions at random times.





Omari Evans

Just like his twin brother, Omari is 23, 5’11”, but weight about 5 lbs more. He also has the same facial features except for eye color. Omari’s eyes are a sapphire blue color until he uses his powers. They then become a dark glowing green. Because their eyes so closely match the color of the others almost completely, they look like the other when they’re using their powers. Omari works out and is a lot more active that his brother so, naturally, his body is a lot more muscular and defined. His attire is much different than his brother’s as well. Omari dresses almost identically to that of the rappers you see on T.V today. His personality is also opposite of his brothers being as he’s obnoxious and rude to just about everyone. Omari only cares for a handful of people and his brother is at the top of that list. The quickest way to set off his temper is to do something bad to Dereon.

Omari’s best and worst quality is his quick temper. When he’s angry his abilities get stronger, but he also tends to lose control; getting him angry would be one of the worst mistakes you’d ever make in your life. Omari is very impulsive and functions on his emotions. Nothing he does is completely thought through and it’s the way he’s always been. When he’s very angry, he becomes a very powerful force to be wrecked with.

Omari has weather animation and manipulation abilities. He can create any form of precipitation like rain or fog and can make winds all the way up to and including hurricane force; he can also travel as fast as those winds can while still having the ability to breathe normally and be protected against air friction when traveling at those high speeds. With his ability to create and manipulate the weather, he can raise and lower the humidity and/or temperature in his surrounding area, and has limited immunity to extreme heat or cold.  He can induce lighting and other atmospheric effects and can also direct the path of them with his hands. He flies by creating winds strong enough to carry himself and others.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yaaaassssssssss! I am feeling both of these characters. *sheds a fake tear*

They go together just like a positive and a negative.

Dereon puts me in the mind of a Professor Xavier or Jean Grey type mold. I am feeling him because I would love to get into the minds of some people and not only that, be able to project my feelings into them. And he's a chill dude, always a plus. Yes me and Dereon are gonna be buddies.

Omari on the other hand is a pistol. He is in the mold of Storm with like a touch of the Flash. Yeah I still think his powers are quite more outspoken and pronounced though. I'll just need to dawn my iron hard thick skin around him and I should be okay. I love my thugs too. They give me that masculine edge that I need sometimes.

So far I think these will be your best two characters. If you can manage to top these two I would be rather amazed to see how!

I am in love with your mind right now! :D

Kenny K. Royal said...

lol Brandon, you make my heart smile. And actually to be honest, I've ALWAYS been a fan of the Marvel brand and the X-Men so if and when I get this book published I'd love for it to be done by Marvel, if Stan Lee is willing. And my two favorite characters from the X-Men were always Storm and Jean Grey, but in my opinion they were never brought to justice with their powers so this is kind of my ode to Storm and Jean.

I wouldn't consider them my best just because I feel like all of characters have unique abilities, but they are closest to my heart because I based their personalities around myself. My characters are like my babies and I don't have favorites lol.

I'm really excited that you like these two and I hope you'll love the other 7

Search This Blog