BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Control" - Character Bio: Anya


I know I originally said I would only post Character bios on the characters after I finish the Chapter, but I'm feeling really excited and in the mode to write so here is the second one lol. This Character, Anya, is my Russian character of the book. When I first created her in May she was 19, but after I developed a back story for her I decided to raise her age to 30; it just fit better to me. I love the feel of Russian spy's and what they can bring to a good action film/novel, but I didn't want to go with a cliche too much. Really she wasn't supposed to be the second chapter, but I really wanted to get my ideas for her written down. I love my Anya and I hope you do too!:


Anya Ivanova

Anya is a woman of few words, but when she does speak a beautiful Russian accent flows from her mouth. Born and raised in Russia, she only recently moved to the U.S in search of a man that murdered her mother and father when she was a child. Now 30 years old, she has acquired a vast array of martial arts skills for combat, and thanks to one of her uncles she has a great knowledge of almost all weaponry. Standing at about 5’9” and weighing around 135lbs, she is in great shape and with all the daily exercise she does, she maintains the shape. She has beautiful Olive Green colored eyes that, with her black hair, make her all the more mysterious looking. After years of training, she could be considered a Russian spy, but she has no interest in bringing down America as her family does. Anya simply wishes to seek revenge and will stop at nothing to get it.

Anya is a “straight to business” type of person. She’s not a fan of playing games or beating around the bush, so usually she’s a very blunt and straight forward person when having a conversation. She’s very skilled in the art of deception and has learned the English language and speaks it fluently in her quest to seek revenge on her parents’ murderer. Anya isn’t very close to many outside of her family, so she has pretty much kept to herself. Only concerning herself with her main focus in America, she does whatever she feels necessary to accomplish her goal. She usually goes by the alias “Jade” to avoid detection.

Anya has the ability to summon the ghosts of people that have died in her surrounding area; they appear only as a partial image of their old self, now looking totally demonic. The ghosts act as her servants and follow her every command. She can make them become tangible or intangible at will, making them great fighters. She also has the ability to make psionc weapons that do either mental or physical damage depending on what she deems necessary; ranging from just slightly knocking someone unconscious or even sending them into full on comas to slicing through even steel. Another ability she has is the ability to travel through shadows. As long as there is enough shadow space she has an instant escape route. However, she can only travel to places if she has been there before or can physically see it. 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Revenge is always such a powerful motivator.

Interesting. So Anya is a Russian professional martial artist that can summon the undead. Necromancers can be quite the pill if their craft is perfected. Sort of an underdeveloped class. Will be intriguing to see how you use her. I see you snuck in a little telekinetic ability in there as well. She can also travel through the shadows, or darkness. That really has me thinking. Seems very useful for Anya's line of work.

She sounds like she'll be fun aka Lara Croft, Salt style, with a twist!

Search This Blog