BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Kenny K. Royal Poem: Confessions of a Broken Heart

My dads Birthday was yesterday. After calling him and speaking with him shortly, I wrote this poem. I don't usually write poems but this just came out of me like water. I hope you guys like it. It's called "Confessions of a Broken Heart"...

"Thoughts racing fast through my mind
as I'm gazing down the aisle.
That my future would mend all memories
torn between father and child"

These lyrics replay in my mind
Showing me the inevitable truth.
The relationship between me and my dad
Is pretty much over... basically through.

As long as my lover is a man
We will never be the same.
But I can't change what makes me happy.
This shit is driving me insane.

I've always wanted to make him happy
I wanted to make him proud.
As I discovered who I really am
Those dreams got shot down.

"I want my unborn son to be like my daddy.
I want my husband to be like my daddy.
There is no one else like my daddy.
And I thank you for loving me."

Beyoncé sang these words
That are very close to my heart.
Every time I hear them
My emotions fall apart.

My dad did love me
I Just don't know where that love went.
After I told him I was gay
I never again noticed it.

But it is true
My father is a good man.
I won't deny that truth
He's an amazing husband.

This is why I want both my son and husband to be like him
Not the "him" I know today
But the "him" he was
And could've been.

I just need to realize
That my dad doesn't like my kind.
And just because I'm gay
Our relationship will fade with time.

So I guess this is where my realization begins
With my dad, I must part.
Just had to tell my confessions,
The confessions of my broken heart.

0 comments:

Search This Blog